[pmwiki-users] SSL Migration & Coexistance etc.

Walter Keller wa at wlkl.ch
Sun Jun 4 09:11:14 CDT 2017

Hi

I migrated my PmWiki to SSL and want it to be reachable by https: and
http: for the near future.

The only things I had to change is to remove the schema part from URIs,
e.g.
         $PubDirUrl = 'http://www.mydomain.com/path/to/pub'; ===>
$PubDirUrl = '//www.mydomain.com/path/to/pub';
By the definition of URIs, the browser use http: or https: as in the
current request and everything works like a charme.

(1) I propose to change sample-config.php accordingly - or can anybody
see a disadvantage here?
(2) for relative links [[Path:a/b/c]] works similar, however,
[[//a/b/c]] is not recognized. For me the later is more intuitive and
could be supported by the [[...]] markup and possibly in other places too
(3) while integrating the newest sample-config.php, I had to change
          include_once("scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php"); ==>
include_once("$FarmD/scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php");
    I guess this is necessary an every wikifarm installation and should
be change in sample-config.php

--
Walter Keller
Steinackerweg 33