[pmwiki-users] Stand alone wiki on an Android device ?

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 06:01:16 CDT 2015

Did a tiny bit of work on this.. not a whole lot.

Not wanting to spend even $2 on a webserver, was looking at free stuff.

----

"Server for PHP" is free, but pmwiki don't work apparently.  Has no ads
though, which is nice and kinda makes it preferred heh.

pmwiki.php - Call to undefined function crypt() in pmwiki.php line 480

I kinda don't understand how that error is even possible heh. Aint crypt()
a built in?!

----

"Palapa Web Server" is free, and might work.  It has ads on it's status
screen though, which is irksome.

Based on lighthttpd.

Extracting the wiki to it and browsing to it yielded a permissions problem
on wiki.d ... restarting the server seemed to fix it.  During the restart,
also added pmwiki.php to it's list of "index" files.  Was able to edit
Main/Homepage without drama.

Copied over sample-config.php, renamed it, set the script/pub url's and
wiki / site name.  Seems okay.  Haven't tried uploads yet.  Haven't done
any the rewrite rules stuff for clean url's etc.

-unfy / Will