[pmwiki-users] Trouble with .pageindex when too much _new_ data to index (+ sqlite)

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Fri Feb 6 06:25:10 CST 2015

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 12:31 PM, ABClf <languefrancaise at gmail.com> wrote:

> @Peter : do you have a code to share I could try for saving .pageindex in
> a sqlite database, using your reindex script ?
> (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/SearchImprovements December 26, 2010)

Unfortunately my laptop was stolen a few years back and I belatedly
realized that my development directory (since it is a hobby and not my
business) was not part of my backup scheme. So anything I had not
officially published to pmwiki.org was lost at that point. I'm afraid this
experimentation with sqlite appears to be one of the casualties.

If you come across the thief who stole my laptop, please let me know - I'd
love to have some words with him... :-)

I could be wrong, but I would think that Petko's sqlite pagestore would
work well for what you're doing unless SQLite just can't handle that kind
of volume. If SQLite is inherently limited (as you seem to have indicated
simply by the size of the file) then perhaps the recipe could be fairly
easily converted to use mysql as a more std db...

-Peter