[pmwiki-users] PmWiki 2.2.79 released (PmForm target)

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Aug 27 05:52:43 CDT 2015

On 2015-08-27 09:52, Oliver Betz wrote:
> Petko Yotov wrote:
>> Note: the "target" attribute of input forms which was added in the
>> previous version broke the PmForm processor, and was removed until we
>> find a solution. If you don't use PmForm and require this attribute
>> (or
>> others), the usual way to add it is to redefine the $InputAttrs array
>
> could you elaborate?
>
> I'm using PmForm with PmWiki 2.2.45, I use (need) the "target"
> attribute in forms, but I didn't "redefine the $InputAttrs array".

The HTML standard uses "the" target attribute in a <form> to indicate
the window or frame where the result of the posted form should appear.

PmForm uses "a" target attribute in its own way: to indicate which
preconfigured setting should be activated (to send an e-mail or to save
a page).

When the wikiform "target" attribute was added in the previous version
2.2.78, any PmForms stopped working because the target attribute is
consumed by the standard form and cannot be accessed by the PmForm.

So, if you use PmForm, don't install 2.2.78, install directly 2.2.79. If
you require the standard HTML "target" attribute (not the PmForm
"target"), redefine the $InputAttrs array like you would do before
2.2.78.

I'm not yet sure how to address this problem so for the moment I
reverted the change -- I suspect many more people need the "target"
PmForm attribute than the "target" HTML attribute.

I tried changing PmForm to automatically handle the target setting
without the need for it to be written in a template, but I suspect some
complex PmForms may require more than one forms with different target
settings so this would not work.

One can argue that the PmForm "target" attribute was not well named at
the beginning, but people are using it and we don't want to force them
to rewrite all their local templates when they upgrade, unless if there
is no way around.

Petko

--
Change log     :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog