[pmwiki-users] AuthUser / Multiple login's required ?

William Langford unfies at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 17:05:08 CDT 2015

I've done a bit more digging.

A user who originally complained ... has now denied that he has to login
twice when dealing with the wiki.  This annoys me a bit (story
changing), but whatever.

With my experimenting earlier, I was closing my browser and restarting
it to test stuff.  My browser (recent opera, if it matters) is set to
clear cookies on exit.  If I simply log out of the wiki and then attempt
to log back in... things only require one login (Group/Whatever pages
load without requiring a second login even though i have never visited
them yet in this 'session').

Start Chrome. Clear cookies etc.  Load wiki, am forced to login twice.
If I log out and attempt to log back in, it requires only a single log
in as well.

Firefox recent ESR does similar when using same testing methodology.

Sooooooo - I guess this then only effects people that clear their
cookies / cache frequently.

I'm not entirely sure this is a "problem" or not anymore.  It might be,
I dunno.  I don't personally mind logging in twice...

------

I've set $CookiePrefix  - it doesn't fix the 'problem'.

I'm not using any fancy page store (it'll just be the flat file
default).  I've debated the PerGroupSubDirectories cookbook but am not
at that point yet.

Wiki is in use at the moment, might be 16 hours before I can go about
trying to disable different cookbooks etc.

-Will / unfy