[pmwiki-users] help with name resolution

Jont Allen jontalle at illinois.edu
Sun May 18 15:09:01 CDT 2014

Dear pmwiki-users
Im having a name resolution problem. I dont know if the problem is with
php or apache.

My wiki is at
http://hear.beckman.illinois.edu/

This method resolves a desired page:
http://hear.beckman.illinois.edu/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Courses.ECE537-2013SpeechProcessing

But when I try to resolve the same page this way:
http://hear.beckman.illinois.edu/wiki/Courses/ECE5372013SpeechProcessing

it fails with an apache2 error
requested URL /wiki/Courses/ECE5372013SpeechProcessing was not found on
this server.

The wiki is installed at:
/var/www/wiki/

/var/www/wiki# ls
cookbook  docs  index.php  local  LS-LR  pmwiki.php  pub  scripts
TODO.txt  uploads  uploads.tgz  wiki.d  wikilib.d

ls -l wiki.d/Courses.ECE537-2013SpeechProcessing
gives the content file:
/var/www/wiki# ls -l wiki.d/Courses.ECE537-2013SpeechProcessing
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 109610 Dec 25 22:32
wiki.d/Courses.ECE537-2013SpeechProcessing

On to /etc/apache2:
the config file says:

<Directory /var/www/wiki/>
                  Options +Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
                  AllowOverride None
                  Order allow,deny
                  allow from All
          </Directory>

<Directory /var/www/wiki.d/>
                  Options +Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
                  AllowOverride None
                  Order allow,deny
                  allow from All
          </Directory>

   <Directory /var/www/wiki/Courses/ECE5372013SpeechProcessing/>
                  Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
                  AllowOverride None
                  Order allow,deny
                  allow from All
          </Directory>