[pmwiki-users] PmForm RSVP Form - Radio button issue

Criss Ittermann crisses at kinhost.org
Tue Jul 8 19:38:15 CDT 2014

On Jul 8, 2014, at 2:28 PM, Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr> wrote:

> Criss Ittermann writes:
>> I've tried several ways to get the radio button (for "Yes" or "I'll be there.") selected automatically in the RSVP form I posted on PmForm.
>>
>> I tried selected, selected=selected, selected=1.  I also tried using an input default.  i'm not seeing the "selected" option being sent to the HTML.
>
>> (:input radio anchor selected=selected "I'll be there." :) Yes
>
> Radio buttons and checkboxes are checked with the "checked" attribute:
>
> (:input radio anchor "I'll be there." checked=checked:)
>

> To learn more look into any HTML reference, for example:
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Web/HTML/Element/Input
> http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_input.asp

I did search.  But because I was searching on "selected", of course it was unhelpful.  Thanks for pointing out my mistake.  I ended up on completely different pages which only confused the issue more.

And the input default failed due to an equal sign:
(:input default anchor="I'll be there.":)
needed to be
(:input default anchor "I'll be there.":)

Argh.  Two cases of semantics over intuition.

Thank you again.