[pmwiki-users] (:if construction

Jont Allen jontalle at illinois.edu
Tue Jan 14 21:32:46 CST 2014

Dear list,

I'm having a problem that I cannot understand. In order to describe this
problem I have tried to simplify the environment as much as possible.

I installed the default and latest version of pmwiki-2.2.58, and
edited the local/config.php log file so that it defined the admin
password variable:

$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('mysecret');

Next I added the following construction to the default home page:

(:if enabled AuthId:)
body text
(:ifend:)

I then logged in as admin:
    ...?action=admin
The login appeared to be successful.

1) How do you know if the login is successful?

2) Once logged in, my test construction failed to display "body text"

successfully use the
   (:if enabled AuthId:)...(:ifend:)
construction.

I suspect that the variable $AuthId is not "true" for some reason.

Please advise. For example:

1) how can I print out the value of AuthId?

2) How do I verify I'm logged in so that AuthId==true?

3) How can I debug this problem?

Jont Allen