[pmwiki-users] Recipes you use/need to be updated for PHP 5.5

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sat Jan 4 21:14:17 CST 2014

>> By my reading of the link above, all calls to Markup with a /e modifier
>> will stop working under 2.2.56, yes?
>
> Not at all - every time I write about this I repeat that the existing ways
> will NOT stop working. We ADDED a new way to define markup rules, the old
> one stays.
>
> Under PHP 5.5, the old way will trigger a warning for a deprecated usage.
> That's why we added a new way for those who need it.

Ah, I was relying on the link above, which states (emphasis added):

  The following is acceptable for PHP 5.5+ and PmWiki 2.2.56+

    Markup($name, $when, $pattern, $replace);
      '''''$pattern can no longer have an "/e" modifier'''''

I read that as meaning an existing call to Markup with a /e modifier would
break. Thanks for the clarification.

JR
--
John Rankin