[pmwiki-users] documentation for new helper functions

Hans Bracker design at softflow.co.uk
Fri Feb 21 11:17:52 CST 2014

I am struggling to understand some new PmWiki helper functions,
namely functions PHSC, PCCF, PPRE, PPRA in pmwiki.php.

There is no brief explanation in the code, nor on page
PmWiki.Functions (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Functions), nor on
Cookbook.Functions (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Functions)
It would be very useful for developers, especially being faced with
the somewhat daunting task of upgrading to PHP 5.5 compatibility.
Could some brief explanation please be added?

I also note that page PmWiki.Functions is somewhat out of date.
For instance under heading PSS($string) there is an example using a
markup pattern with /e modifier, and there is no mention of Markup_e.
PmWiki.CustomMarkup (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomMarkup)
has a section at the bottom about Markup_e thankfully, but the
section above still has examples which use the /e modifier.
I hope the documentation about Markup_e can be more integrated.

I can do my part in updating but need to understand all this better first.

Best,
 Hans