[pmwiki-users] selling pmwiki to high school students

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Sat Feb 1 15:45:54 CST 2014

jdd wrote:

>* pmwiki do not allow direct online update (my most wanted feature... but not
>in the PM philosophy, I guess :-), when wordpress do this on a snap,

[...]

>* an other drawback of pmwiki regarding updates is the plugin (cookbooks)
>update. I manage several pmwikis, on different servers, and I have problems
>remembering what is installed where

both can be simplified by using a good directory and file comparison
tool like "Beyond Compare" from Scooter Software. It supports SFTP,
and I use it also to edit and test settings.

If you have a "master" installation with all cookbooks installed,
simply sync it with the targets.

I operate several PmWiki installations, my personal web site, two club
sites and my employer's web site. It's not so hard.

After all, you don't _need_ to update PmWiki very often. Not every
release is important for everyone.

Oliver
--
Oliver Betz, Munich http://oliverbetz.de/