[pmwiki-users] AuthUser Loops Back?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Apr 12 06:45:35 CDT 2014

Matthew Wayne Selznick writes:
> I'm using the same pmwiki version as pmwiki.org, so I guess that's not
> it... I'm stumped. I need editing permissions similar to MediaWiki's
> $wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false; (only logged-in users can
> edit).

The PmWiki version of "only logged-in users can edit" would be:

  $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = 'id:*'; // requires AuthUser

Alternativaly, you can set a shared read password and give that password to
editors:

  $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = '$1$F.QuWlz0$jd1lIGV82Q6HLbCrCkutl0';

Then only people who know the password will be able to edit.

You can get your encrypted version of the password by visiting on your site
pmwiki.php?action=crypt .

Petko