[pmwiki-users] Use markdown parser elsewhere?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Apr 8 16:15:41 CDT 2014

Stephen Borrill writes:
> Having used PmWiki for some time, my colleagues and I have got used to
> its markdown language and would like to use it in other places.
>
> So my question is, is there a file I can include() and a function I can
> call that, when given PmWiki markdown text will return HTML just for
> that text (i.e. without any CSS or other HTML such as <html> or <body>)?

Yes, you can do the following:

    $EnableActions = 0;
    include('pmwiki.php');
    $text = "Your PmWiki markup here"
    $html = MarkupToHTML("Main.HomePage", $text);

Search the Gmane mailing list archive for "EnableActions":

  http://search.gmane.org/?query=enableactions&group=gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user

(At the moment I write Gmane doesn't work well, hopefully this will be fixed
soon.) Here is a relevant thread:

  http://www.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2007-January/038089.html

Petko