[pmwiki-users] issue with <!--markup in skin -> doesn't behave as in wikicontent

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Sep 13 00:27:33 CDT 2013

lists at basel-inside.ch writes:
>  <!--markup:(:include {Public.Alexander$RandomSection}:)--> does't work
>  <!--markup:(:include Public.Alexander:)-->  works, brings whole file
>
> How can I can make $Randomsection to work from a skin template?

Apparently the "$RandomSection" part is evaluated for the visited page
before trying to evaluate the whole {Public...} variable. I'll try to find
some time to find out why this happens and if it can be fixed without
breaking other variables like $ScriptUrl or $PageUrl.

A workaround for what you want to do is to use <!--wiki:Group.SomePage-->
and place the markup (:include {Public.Alexander$RandomSection}:) in
Group.SomePage.

Petko