[pmwiki-users] minimal text file to create pmwiki page

Tamara Temple tamouse.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 31 20:40:44 CDT 2013

Mark Lee <mark.lee.phd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Or to put it another way, if I use a text editor, such as vi or notepad on windows, what is the smallest text file I
> can ftp to my pmwiki space that will print "hello world" when I visit the page with my browser?

That would be:

Main.HelloWorld:
version=pmwiki-2.2.51 urlencoded=1
text=%0a! Hello, World!%0a

In your pmwiki installation, you'll find a directory called wiki.d/ --
this is where wiki pages live. Upload the file above to this directory,
and point your browser at it, like:

  http://www.example.com/pmwiki.php?n=Main.HelloWorld

assuming you haven't really done much configuration yet. (Obviously,
substitute www.example.com for your server's address, and the
appropriate path to pmwiki.php.)