[pmwiki-users] relative position style

Mark Lee mark.lee.phd at gmail.com
Wed May 8 09:23:16 CDT 2013

Petko,
What I am trying to accomplish with the background image is something like
google maps but on a much smaller scale for my garden. I have coded this
already in html, but I was wondering if pmwiki markup supports this
function directly. Let me describe the situation:

1. Each plant in my garden has a page.
2. Outside of pmwiki, I sketch a garden map in a drawing app, and save it
as a jpg file.
3, On the page of each plant, I display the garden map. In html I create a
div and make the map the background image so that I can add information on
top of it.
4. The X and Y position of the plant on the map is contained on the page.
Lets say a tree is located at map coordinates <100,250>. I was thinking to
use the markup (:xposition 100:) (:yposition 250). I could then use this
information in what ever way is supported by pmwiki markup via
{$:xposition} and {$:yposition}.
5. In html, I am able to place a marker using styles. For example, if I
want a marker "1" at position <132,165> I use <plant
style="position:relative; left:132px; top:165px">2</plant></p>. Is this
possible in pmwiki?

-Mark