[pmwiki-users] index.php

Sat Mar 23 23:59:07 CDT 2013

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 5:23 PM, Alan Taylor <engineeral at gmail.com> wrote:
> That was the problem.  Thanks so much for the reply.  The fix was to
> change the following in the file httpd.conf, found in the Apache
> 'conf' subdirectory
> <IfModule dir_module>
>     DirectoryIndex index.html
> </IfModule>
> <IfModule dir_module>
>     DirectoryIndex index.php
> </IfModule>
> in the file httpd.conf in the Apache conf directory.
>
> I will add a heads up about that in the pmwiki documentation,
> suggesting users might need to look there.
> <<snip>>
>>
>> It sounds as though your web hosting configuration does not recognize
>> index.php as a possible DocumentIndex.

Well, actually, you probably don't want to do that, because that will
make directories that have index.html as the DirectoryIndex fail.

Not knowing exactly what your server set up is like, you may want to
do something like this in httpd.conf:

DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html

which will pick up the most obvious choices.