[pmwiki-users] Regex help (excluding spaces)
5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Mar 9 15:40:31 CST 2013
Eric Forgeot writes:
> Markup ('txt2tags_bold', 'directives', '/\*\*(.*?)\*\*/', "'''$1'''");
> It works but I get wrong output when having for example **this and **this,
> because this kind of text is not supposed to be marked as bold. (**this
> and** should be bold on the other hand)
> So I modified my rule this way, to exclude white spaces before or after:
> Markup ('txt2tags_bold' , 'directives', '/\*\*[^\s](.*?)[^\s]
> \*\*/' , "'''$1'''");
> Now it almost works, **this and **this are not catched, but the bold parts
> are not correct, the first and last letters are striped out, for example
> **another** would become nothe (in bold). Do you know why, and how to
> correct this?
You need to place the parentheses around everything that is meant to be
bold, for example '/\*\*([^\s].*?[^\s])\*\*/' .
However, this will not allow you a single bold character. This one will:
This means :
- starts with a '**'
- opening the first matched pattern (
- then a non-whitespace-character \\S, same as [^\\s]
- opening a second pattern (
- .* anything, ending with a non-whitespace-character \\S
- closing the second pattern )
- the ? after the ) means the pattern is optional
- closing the first matching pattern )
- once again '**'.
This is fun :-)
More information about the pmwiki-users