[pmwiki-users] On a page name, is there a way to take dots after the first dot and translate them automatically

ccox at endlessnow.com ccox at endlessnow.com
Mon Mar 4 09:31:58 CST 2013

Dots in pagenames are of course a general problem.

What I'd like to be able to do is to allow a construct like:

[[Product.Release 1.0]]

The first dot obviously is the Group separator... but I'd love for the
next one to be "ok" and have it so that internally we map any subsequent
set of "dots" to "dashes" (for example).  So that the construct above is
"ok", but the page mangle that results would be Product.Release1-0

Something like [[Product.Release 1.2.3]] would be Product.Release1-2-3, etc.

Possible?  And of course, I'd love to have this feature without breaking a
lot of other things.