[pmwiki-users] Help :How to hide command buttons from normal viewers, but not from administrators ?

Fri Jun 21 05:06:40 CDT 2013

On Jun 21, 2013 2:38 AM, "Thant Sin Lin" <tslin.ucsy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to toggle visibility of command buttons "edit, history, etc...".
>
> Eg. if my page is www.mypmwiki.com, everyone visit that page don't see
command buttons.
> If I enter www.mypmwiki.com/administrator, I want to see command buttons.
> Of course, even I access from second URL, I have to fill password.
>
> I know I can remove or hide command buttons from template file.
> But doing like this prevent everyone from editing pages including
administrators.

> I loaded my pmwiki site inside iframe of my Main site.
> So I cannot edit pages by adding "?action" to URL.
>
> I don't want to create another pmwiki site for administrator and publich
changes to live site everytime by copying wiki.d folder.
> It's Ok to create another pmwiki site if not require to copy wiki.d
folder manually everytime I made changes.

> Please let me know how can I achieve this.
> I surfed the web for a long time and still can't find the solution.
>
> Thanks in advanced.
> Robin

I don't know how you manage authorization, but wrapping the buttons for
admin use only is generally done like so:

(:if auth edit:)
... button stuff...
(:ifend:)

also, you should have an edit password. A user can read the page source snd
see the path in your iframe, and bypass your main site without precautions.