[pmwiki-users] minimal text file to create pmwiki page

Mark Lee mark.lee.phd at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 10:43:16 CDT 2013

Edwin,
I will share the Excel file with macro in a separate email. Here is the VBA
script that runs when a textbox object is clicked (the button). It
processes only one row currently. If you understand this script, it
shouldn't be too hard to add a loop to process all the rows. I haven't
gotten there myself since I am still working out some details of my markup
for the first row.

The script below will create a file called Test.HelloWorld. It displays
"Hello World" and then does a pagelist of the group Test. Here is what is
creates:
version=pmwiki-2.2.51 urlencoded=1
text=%0aHello World!%0a(:pagelist group=Test:)%0a

The spreadsheet has this information:
row3= PageName  Content               Markup Example: Pagelist group
row4= Test.HelloWorld              Hello World!         Test

The page is here: http://ediblelandscape.org/pmwiki.php?n=Test.HelloWorld
-Mark

Sub TextBox2_Click()
    FilePath = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & Cells(4, 1).Value

    'Get an unused file number
    FileNumber = FreeFile

    'Create a new file (or overwrite an existing one)
    Open FilePath For Output As #FileNumber

    'Header for markup content
    StringOut = "version=pmwiki-2.2.51 urlencoded=1"
    Print #FileNumber, StringOut
    StringOut = "text=%0a"
    Print #FileNumber, StringOut; 'suppress newline with ";"

    StringOut = Cells(4, 2).Value 'hello world cell
    Print #FileNumber, StringOut; 'suppress newline with ";"

    StringOut = "%0a" 'newline
    Print #FileNumber, StringOut; 'suppress newline with ";"

    StringOut = "(:pagelist group=" & Cells(4, 3).Value & ":)"
    Print #FileNumber, StringOut; 'suppress newline with ";"

    StringOut = "%0a" 'newline
    Print #FileNumber, StringOut; 'suppress newline with ";"

    MsgBox ("done")

    'Close the file
    Close #FileNumber
End Sub