[pmwiki-users] listing non-PMWiki files with wikish

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Jul 11 20:01:23 CDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Tamara Temple <tamouse.lists at gmail.com>wrote:
> On Jul 8, 2013, at 10:47 AM, Mark Lee <mark.lee.phd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I created a folder called "images" in same path as pmwiki.php (i.e.
when I list out the folders with my ftp tool, I see folders for the images
folder as well as the folders cookbook, local, script, pub, wiki.d, etc).
When I do the wikish command {(ls)} I see filenames in the folder wiki.d. I
want to list out the jpg file names in the images folder and using wikish.
I also want to list the jpg files in folders contained within the images
folder. How do I do this?
> > -Mark

You have to give wikish permission to read textfiles rather than just
pmwiki pages.  This is documented in the "wikish configuration" page (
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiShConfig) as an example under #E.
Then, once you have that permission you would access it like this:

{(ls TEXTFILE--uploads/*.jpg)}

NOTE THAT THERE ARE SIGNIFICANT POTENTIAL SECURITY HAZARDS TO CONSIDER IN
THIS.  You will want to make sure that nobody but trusted authors have
write privilege to the pages which have the textfile access authorization.

> I've never used wikish, but isn't it just passing scripts to /bin/bash?
If so, then I'd expect something like {{ls -R ../images/}} to work?

Actually wikish doesn't make use of /bin/bash at all.  All the
functionality is implemented from scratch in PHP.  This was the only way to
allow transparent access to pages while also absolutely enforcing the
appropriate security model.

-Peter