[pmwiki-users] underscores in file names ?

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Thu Jan 24 13:26:57 CST 2013

Hi John,

I can't help with the file name thing, but a word of warning:

Never, ever, change pmwiki.php or any of the core files.

There are many ways to change the way the program works. Pm put in all
sorts of hooks, so it's rare that you'd have to edit the core files.
It's a bit more work at first, to put all your customization in the
designated folders (usually config.php or a recipe or a group-specific
config file), but it's worth it. Updates are a breeze, since none of
your custom code is in the files that get updated. Just read the update
notes for the occassional twist, copy the new core files over the old,
maybe edit config.php to activate/inactivate a new feature, and done.

Also, for now stick to the recipes that are recommended by the power
users, or are actively maintained. Most of the recipes are solid, but
encountering one of the abandoned ones while learning isn't fun.

Best of luck. I don't get to use pmwiki much these days, but every time
I do, it's a breath of fresh air.

Sandy