[pmwiki-users] Help with replacing text

Ian MacGregor ardchoille42 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 04:19:11 CDT 2012

I add the date to all of the pages I create. So, what I have done is added
the following line to my Site.NewPageTemplate:

%color=#595959% [-mmmm dd, yyyy-]%%

This works perfectly except that I have to edit the mmmm dd, yyyy each time
I create a new page. It's not that much work but I was wondering if I could
automate it a bit.

What I was thinking about was using $ROSPatterns to add the current date
when I open the page for editing.

I thought I would add the following line to the Site.NewPageTemplate:

%color=#595959% [-monthdayyear-]%%

and have the wiki convert that to:

%color=#595959% [-September 17, 2012-]%%

when I tried editing the page so I wouldn't have to add the current date. I
tried some ROSPatterns but I got errors and couldn't figure it out on my
own.

Am I on the right track here? Any and all advice is appreciated.

--
Regards,
Ian MacGregor