[pmwiki-users] noleft query in skin.php for CSS change

Wed Nov 14 22:35:19 CST 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 2:14 AM, Simon <nzskiwi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to develop a wiki skin[1]  where the header and footer
> (wikifooter recipe) are wiki pages like the SideBar,
> and yet trying to maintain and support the directives I refer to below.
>
> That is to say I'm trying to get to a point where no content is provided by
> the skin, and less of the skin is driven by the template.
> For me this means more of the site can be maintained by wiki users (albeit
> with some control perhaps) without resorting to template magic.
>
> I want to support the standard wiki markup, (the directives below) and it
> seems to me that conditional markup should be very reflective of PmWiki
> state and settings.
> It seems to me that if I can obtain the value of the directive I can hide
> that part of the page (using CSS etc) where PmWiki does it by physically not
> generating that part of the page.
>
> I hope this explains why this would be a useful feature, and one that like
> others may be more useful than originally envisaged,
>
> Simon

I guess I'm entirely unclear what you are trying to do here.

My skin (MouseSkin) does this; all content for page header/footer,
sidebars, title, is provided by wikipages. All the (:no*:) directives
work as is, nothing needs to be modified. You don't need to use CSS
display:none or visibility:hide in your CSS for these, as they are not
generated by the server. What am I not getting here?