[pmwiki-users] Link Color

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri May 18 11:06:33 CDT 2012

On Friday 18 May 2012 07:00:10 Wade Hudson wrote:
> My links are not sufficiently highlighted. Is there some way I can make
> them darker or stand out more in some other way?

Open or create a file pmwiki/pub/css/local.css and append to the end something
like this:

  /* Link colors in the main content area */
  #wikitext a { color: #0000ff; text-decoration: underline; }
  #wikitext a:visited { color: #0000aa; }

You can find the codes of all colors (starting with # followed by numbers and
letters) at this page: http://www.colorpicker.com/ . Some color names in
English should work too: blue, red, green, indigo.

To change the appearance of other links, for example in the sidebar, header or
footer, add similar lines starting with #wikileft, #wikilogo, #wikifoot for
the default PmWiki skin, or #head, #foot, #sidebar, #left, #right, #tabs or
something else for some other skins, eg.:

  /* Link colors in the sidebar (pmwiki skin) */
  #wikileft a { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }
  #wikitext a:visited { color: navy; }

After this operation you need to refresh the page in your browser.

For specific skins, ask on the cookbook talk page for the skin.

Petko