[pmwiki-users] 1x compatibility mode gone in 2.2

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Mar 28 16:22:53 CDT 2012

You should not install 2.2.x versions over an 1.x version. There is a page

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UpgradingFromPmWiki1

whith instructions: normally you first install 2.0.0 (not 2.2) then add some
lines in config.php, then if it works, you can add one more line to convert
the existing pages to the newer format.

Then you install 2.1.0, then if it works, you install the latest 2.1.x stable,
if it works, you install 2.2.0, if it works, a newer version.

To sum up, I recommend installing at least :
- the first stable release of a major version 2.x.0
- the last  stable release of a major version 2.x.99 (the highest number)
then the next major release 2.(x+1).0, and so on. And everytime, test and
observe if everything works, and read the release notes to learn if something
has changed and needs fixing.

Archives of all older releases can be downloaded here:

  http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/                    2.2.x versions
  http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/older-releases/     even older versions

Normally, if something doesn't work, you should find information about
important changes in the release notes. As you may not notice that something
stopped working, it is highly recommended to read the release notes for all
releases between your last working version and the one you're installing.

Petko