[pmwiki-users] Fwd: using rsync for wiki sync

Tue Mar 27 01:47:49 CDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:14:07AM -0500, tamouse mailing lists wrote:
>> > rsync should work out okay, yes.
>>
>> I'd like to voice one caveat:
>>
>> If you are using authuser.php script and protecting your pages, be
>> aware the encryptions in SiteAdmin.AuthUser do no translate across
>> installations (at least they haven't in my experience).
>
> Encryptions in SiteAdmin.AuthUser should also translate across
> installations, as long as both installations support the same
> types of encryption.  In other words, there's nothing site-specific
> about the encryption -- it simply uses PHP's crypt() function.
>
> Pm

Well, this is interesting. I have two identical installations on my
box, one for staging, one for production, synchronized via git. If I
set the password in staging, push to a .git repository, then update
the production wiki by pulling from the same repository, the passwords
do not work. The same thing happens going the other way. These are
side-by-side in the same directory under the farm:

   /var/www/farm/var/
       tamwiki/
       tamwikistage/

so, what am i doing wrong?