[pmwiki-users] Recursive pagelist?

Lars Eighner surname at larseighner.com
Wed Mar 21 14:06:03 CDT 2012

I would like to page list my Category group to descend a couple of levels so
that the output looks like the example in Pmwiki.Categories under "Category
nesting."  (I assume the example was typed to illustrate the point of
hierarchy and was not generated.)

This looks like at least three or four days hard work for me as
scripts/pagelist.php is not altogether a model of clarity, but I'd really
like to avoid reinventing the wheel if something that will do this exists.

If I do it for myself, I am willing to assume the responsibility for making
a rational Category hierarchy (i.e. although children can belong to several
parents, no child is its own ancestor), but perhaps limiting the levels of
descent to some very small number (like 3) would serve as sufficient
protection from general carelessness.

Thoughts?

--
Lars Eighner