[pmwiki-users] (:include:) works at site level only

fergicide fergicide at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 04:35:02 CDT 2012

Hi Folks.

One issue I'm constantly running into (and haven't solved) is trying to
pull in wiki content from other sites.

For example, here's my farm structure:

...rootwiki
......story1
......story2
......story3

When I create a new 'story' sub site, I copy the root wiki.d folder (which
is basically my story sites template) to the new subfolder and go from
there.

My problem is, for these story sites I have pages that ideally would pull
in part of their content from the rootwiki site, to avoid duplication and
ensure changes to the rootwiki page automatically reflect in the child
sites.

Ideally I could use (:include wikiroot:grouppage.page:) where wikiroot is
defined in farmmap.txt and points to the root wiki, or something like that,
but of course *:include:* only works at the site level.  I don't want to
use an iframe via HTML.

Have I overlooked an existing solution?

Many thanks for any ideas.

Cheers,