[pmwiki-users] Mail form without UTF8

Eric Forgeot eforgeot at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 16:49:07 CST 2012

On 02/01/2012 21:53, 123_dirk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there nobody how can help me?
>
> I have a German Page and Users can send a mail from my page.
> In German we have characters like "äüö" or in HTML äüö.
> But because of the UTF-8, the mails are with encodes chars.
>
> Dirk

Hello,

maybe there is something in your website which isn't using UTF-8 at all.

I guess in your local/config.php there is:
include_once($FarmD.'/scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php');

Probably you've read this thread?
http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2011-October/059535.html

Have you seen this one as well?
http://www.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2011-December/059701.html

Maybe you can try setlocale(LC_ALL, "de_DE.utf8"); into local/config.php

You can also check the pages related to the mail form, and see if it
remains in iso-8859 instead of UTF-8. To check the encoding, you can
load the page into a text editor such as geany (http://geany.org/ note
the nice PmWiki website ;) ), it will display the encoding used in the file.

Hope this can help.