[pmwiki-users] unable to retrieve edit form Site.EditForm following latest update

Steve Glover steve.glover at ed.ac.uk
Thu Feb 23 08:50:51 CST 2012

On 23/02/12 14:23, John D. Boy wrote:
> I installed the update to the latest PmWiki yesterday, and since then
> when I try to edit pages, I get the error message:
>
> PmWiki can't process your request
> ?unable to retrieve edit form Site.EditForm
>
> I have seen previous discussions about this error, in which case
> usually there was an issue with wikilib.d. However, I verified that
> all files were copied over and that permissions are set correctly. As
> far as I can tell, nothing has changed with regard to permissions
> since the update.
>
> This is on NetBSD with Apache and PHP 5.3.6. I flushed the page cache
> and tried disabling all recipes, but this error still occurred.
>
> Any ideas what else might be causing the error?

I had the same thing - looking at the Site.EditForm with an ordinary
text editor, the content seemed to be nothing but headers.

I copied over an older Site.EditForm (I was very glad to have only
upgraded one of my PmWiki installations!) and all was fine....

(I'm now in the situation where I've upgraded PmWiki on my test server
and an older site, but not on the production one just in case there are
any more hidden gotchas....)

--
Steve Glover: SDSS, EDINA, Causewayside House, 160 Causewayside EH9 1PR
e:steve.glover at ed.ac.uk t:0131 650 2908 f:0131 650 3308 m:07961 446 902

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.