[pmwiki-users] How to include diff in email notification?

Hans Bracker design at softflow.co.uk
Sun Dec 23 04:15:00 CST 2012

Hi Ryan,

Sunday, December 23, 2012, 12:03:07 AM, you wrote:
> I'm using the Notify script[1] to notify me when someone
> anonymously edits my personal wiki. I would like to include the diff
> in email, but I cannot figure out how to do so. I am currently using
> plaintext email notifications, so I would prefer a plaintext diff,
> but it would also be nice to know how to send an HTML diff too.

It is possibly to have email notification sent of any postings on a wiki, including what is posted, using FoxNotify and Fox and  a
GeneralNotifyList page. It does not need a Fox form to do the posting.
FoxNotify was developed form the PmWiki Notify script, and extended to
enable content being posted by email, HTML emails and more.
See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FoxNotify

This cannot email the diff of changes made, it could email the entire page content.

If one would use Fox forms, for instance a Fox comment form for visitors to add comments to  a page, FoxNotify could email the comment text, subject, author etc, according to how a mail form template is set up.

Best regards,
Hans
www.softflow.co.uk