[pmwiki-users] Issue displaying contents of group

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Dec 12 17:13:38 CST 2012

Mike Holisky writes:
> To explain myself, the contents page was only displaying the pages in
> the "Site" group.  I can see that our old Contents pages only had
> (:include {$SiteGroup}.Contents:) in the page and it displayed all of
> the pages in the group just like (:pagelist group={$Group}:).
>
> For some reason this worked in 2.1.26 but not now in 2.2.45.  For all I

Like Peter suggested, this may come from the difference between the
variables {$Group} and {*$Group} with a "*". But this was modified in
version 2.2.10 and not between 2.2.26 and 2.2.45.

This is an important change and the new default allows greater flexibility.
Obviously there is a way to revert it to the previous behavior if for some
reason you cannot manually insert asterisks in your pagelists.

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageVariables for more information.

Petko