[pmwiki-users] About the columns used in the sqlite recipe.

Alex Eftimiades alexeftimiades at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 17:52:02 CDT 2012

Thanks for the quick reply.

As for writing a custom script, I would strongly prefer not to because
I would be the only one to benefit from it. That being said, and given
what you told me, I may decide to fork the sqlite recipe to better
support a pagelist recipe to take advantage of it. That will be a last
resort, unless of course there are enough things to be improved upon
on the existing recipe that it would be beneficial to myself and the
community to provide an alternative solution.

That being said, I thought of two more questions that would be useful
to know before I decide on what route to take:

*Page Ids: What exactly was the point of making separate page IDs when
you already have an index? I have seen this in a few example SQL
tables before, and I get the feeling that adding an a separate index
is common practice.
*The way pages are deleted: Why not just have a boolean column that
indicates whether a page is deleted or not? That seems more efficient
better for querying than renaming the pagename.

Also, I have every intention of using the GNU general public license
if/when I distribute this.

Thanks,
Alex