[pmwiki-users] possible to generate a p or div tag within li with standard markup

Sun Aug 12 08:11:15 CDT 2012

Cri
On Aug 12, 2012 6:08 AM, "tamouse mailing lists" <tamouse.lists at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2012 1:52 AM, <shout at joshleepictures.com> wrote:
> >
> > First of all thanks to both of you for your thoughts and suggestions.
> >

> > > It would be %fancyTitleBox% and not %%fancyTitleBox%% (single %'s).
> > Sorry for the typo. as written this is my workaround I am currently
using.

> > > Markup('ftbox', 'inline', "/\\(:ftbox:\\)(.*?)\\(:ftboxend:\\)/s",
> > >   '<div class="fancyTitleBox">$1</div>');
> > As I said, I am aware of this solution. but it would be ‘proprietary’.
I consider this option to be an undesired fallback plan. every new piece of
markup has to be documented and communicated to the authors.

> > > You can use <span> instead.
> > > %fancyTitlebox%Title of the Picture%% will produce the desired effect.
> >
> > > A span is not more restricted than a div, neither in CSS, not in
jQuery. If you want a span to look like a div, apply to it display:block
CSS.
> > This should be almost true and I am currently working on my css (some
screwup with z-indeces) to make it work. Still the problem remains, that in
order to validate against an XHTML DTD I can only nest <span>s and other
inline elements inside which is as far as I know impossible with PmWiki as
of this time. Within a <div> I can nest a whole lot more.

> > Best regards,
> > Josh

using standard markup.

beginning of a line which previous line is not ended by \\).

> > > This is not possible with standard markup, but you can add a custom
markup.
> > > Something like this in config.php:
> > >
> > > Markup('ftbox', 'inline', "/\\(:ftbox:\\)(.*?)\\(:ftboxend:\\)/s",
> > >   '<div class="fancyTitleBox">$1</div>');
> > >
> > > Then use
> > > * Attach:someImage.jpg (:ftbox:)my title (:ftboxend:)
> > >
> > > Note that this markup, in some cases, may produce invalid HTML and it
can potentially break some scripts. So, be carefull not to place the div
element inside inline elements like strong, em or span.

which is very restricted in terms of CSS.  Span:

> > > It would be %fancyTitleBox% and not %%fancyTitleBox%% (single %'s).
> > >
> > > A span is not more restricted than a div, neither in CSS, not in
jQuery. If you want a span to look like a div, apply to it display:block
CSS.

> > > If you use JavaScript, note that PmWiki has an out-of-the box way to
add standard title attributess to images, and you may find it easier to use
them than searching for div blocks:

> > > Attach:someImage.jpg"This is the standard Title attribute"
> > >
> > > OTOH if your div/span solution is CSS-only, it may be even easier and
very elegant.

> > > Petko

> Could you provide more detail about what sorts of things you are trying
to include in this construct? There might be ano5he5vway to go about it...

Crikey I hate virtual keyboards ...

'Another way '