[pmwiki-users] possible to generate a p or div tag within li with standard markup

shout at joshleepictures.com shout at joshleepictures.com
Sat Aug 11 03:52:09 CDT 2012

First of all thanks to both of you for your thoughts and suggestions.

> It would be %fancyTitleBox% and not %%fancyTitleBox%% (single %'s).
Sorry for the typo. as written this is my workaround I am currently using.

> Markup('ftbox', 'inline', "/\\(:ftbox:\\)(.*?)\\(:ftboxend:\\)/s",
>   '<div class="fancyTitleBox">$1</div>');
As I said, I am aware of this solution. but it would be ‘proprietary’. I consider this option to be an undesired fallback plan. every new piece of markup has to be documented and communicated to the authors.

> You can use <span> instead.
> %fancyTitlebox%Title of the Picture%% will produce the desired effect.

> A span is not more restricted than a div, neither in CSS, not in jQuery. If you want a span to look like a div, apply to it display:block CSS.
This should be almost true and I am currently working on my css (some screwup with z-indeces) to make it work. Still the problem remains, that in order to validate against an XHTML DTD I can only nest <span>s and other inline elements inside which is as far as I know impossible with PmWiki as of this time. Within a <div> I can nest a whole lot more.

Best regards,
Josh