[pmwiki-users] How to store login information in a page and have their permissions determined by what group that page is in

Alex Eftimiades alexeftimiades at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:46:17 CDT 2012

	I have been working on a way to manage a large number of users that
can be clustered into different groups of people. Each person should
have a profile page (not necessarily in Profiles) that they can edit.
However, I want to be able to assign different permissions to users
based on what group their profile page is in.

	For example, I would have three groups of people (aside from
administrators): Doctors, Researchers, and Patients. I want them to be
able to view different information based on what group they are in.
Since each of them will have a profile page in one of those three
groups (that is actually necessary based on the structure of my wiki),
it seemed logical to store their personal login information on these
pages and assign them permissions based on what group they belong to.
I would also like to be able to set pages or groups of pages to be
only viewable by certain groups of people. For example, I might say a
certain group of pages is viewable by Patients and editable by Doctors
and Researchers.

Would anyone have any idea how to go about doing this?
Thanks,
Alex