[pmwiki-users] How to tag pages like categories, then do pagelist of everything tagged with a given page (without using links)

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Aug 1 11:10:19 CDT 2012

Aren't Categories what you need?

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Categories

You can have tags or categories [[!Liver]], [[!Cancer]] in your pages; they
link to pages in the Category/ group. You can change this group to Tags/
if you want.

You can see how the pages in the Cookbook are organized with Categories.

Your backlinks at the bottom of every page are exactly backlinks, and the
links to the Category/ pages are categories.

But again, there is no easy way to link to a page without having a pagelist
show that page. Some people use a PageVariable like this:

  [[{Group.Page$PageUrl}|text]] or [[{OtherGroup.OtherPage$PageUrl}|text]]

This link will not appear as a backlink, but unfortunately it is much more
difficult to type.

There are also a number of implementations for links/tags in the Cookbook,
you may wish to browse it:

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Category/Links

Petko