[pmwiki-users] "Fatal Memory Error" on Save

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Mon Apr 23 13:57:42 CDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 4:22 PM, David Bruce Murray
<dbmurray at musicscribe.com> wrote:
> Last night, contributors to my wiki began getting this error message after
> clicking Save when editing a page:
> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 103809024 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 96994171 bytes) in
> /nfs/c10/h01/mnt/141983/domains/sghistory.com/html/scripts/pagelist.php on
> line 422

What cookbooks do you have installed?  If you have TotalCounter
installed you might try commenting that out and see if that solves the
problem.

Otherwise (make a backup first) start commenting out your recipes from
your config.php one by one until the problem goes away.  Whatever was
the last one, that is your problem.  Either leave it uninstalled or
report back to the list here to see if anybody can help you figure out
why that recipe is causing the problem.

I'm assuming there have been no changes in your hosting, no problems
with your server, etc...

I'm also assuming that you've tested this with fairly simple pages.
Approximately how many pages do you have in total on your wiki?

I tried to do a bit of testing myself but you've got a password on
even the sandbox, so there's not much I can do...

-Peter