[pmwiki-users] "Upload new version" attachment markup

Karl Schilke schilkek at onid.orst.edu
Wed Apr 18 15:20:14 CDT 2012

I've been using our lab Wiki as a central place to store all of the
miscellaneous files (draft manuscripts, Excel files, data files and
photos, etc.) related to scientific papers that we're writing.

Not all of the people using the Wiki are <ahem> power users...  To
help, I've hacked up a simple InterMap that lets me write something
like:

    [[Attach:Manuscript_draft.docx | The original draft manuscript is
here ]]) \\
    [[Upload:Manuscript_draft.docx | [- Upload new version -] ]]

where 'Upload:' is defined in Site.InterMap as:

     Upload: ?upname=$1&action=upload

The result is something like:

     The draft manuscript is here   (normal font)
     Upload new version             (smaller font)

where the top line is a link to the file, and the bottom line brings
up the Attach screen with the upname pre-loaded so that the user can
upload a new version of the file.

This works well enough, once I've set it up, but obviously the syntax
is a little tortured and error-prone.  I'd like to have something more
like this:

    [[Upload:Manuscript_draft.docx | The original draft manuscript]]

which generates the same output as above (two links, one to the file,
one to the Attach/upload screen).  I know it should be relatively easy
to do this with InterMaps, but I'm not seeing how to make it happen.

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

      -karl

--
Karl F. Schilke, Ph.D.
Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering
schilkek at onid.orst.edu