[pmwiki-users] It's time to change pmwiki default skin!

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Sep 26 02:05:50 CDT 2011

>>About 4]+5], the (:noleft:) feature in a table-less skin may require some
>> CSS
>>injection, either inline in the html page, or via a <link/> to an
>> additional
>
> Indeed, the ability to suppress sections makes a CSS implementation
> harder. Thanks for the reminder.

Agreed. Maybe a little pragmatism would be wise.

While avoiding tables when css offer a better solution is a Good Thing, if
the code for a table-less design is more complex (and maybe less reliable)
than using a table, why choose complexity over simplicity? It would be
better to adopt a pure css design because "the css solution is better"
rather than because "tables are a Bad Thing." In design matters, I believe
there is a saying that if you choose to break the rules, that's OK, but
you need to know what the rules are and why you are breaking them.

JR
--
John Rankin