[pmwiki-users] it's time to change pmwiki default skin!

Thu Sep 15 17:27:31 CDT 2011

I'm currently working with someone who has two different kinds of
colourblindness as well as some other vision problems. As far as it
goes, she is able to read and interpret the current pmwiki front page
very well. She has a really hard time with a lot of sites with modern
designs. It seems as though we developers and designers decide on one
set of presentation aspects and expect one size will fit all. I'm
trying to develop a more flexible means of theming/skinning/what have
you that will allow the user to take control if they need to in a more
easily handled fashion.

The current pmwiki default skin may not be whizzy, but it does meet
more end users needs of functionality and usability, even if not their
sense of aesthetics.