[pmwiki-users] RFC: Link titles

Rogutės Sparnuotos rogutes at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 30 17:56:22 CDT 2011

Dominique Faure (2011-10-30 22:42):
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 20:50, Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr> wrote:
> > For me these two should have identical output:
> >
> >  [[Link""|text]] and [[Link|text]]
>
> There's but a subtle difference: in the 1st case, the author
> explicitly want a title whereas not in the 2nd.
>
> Since the empty title is quite useless, why not using it to reveal
> more information on the target?
>
> For example:
> * [[TargetedPage""|+]]
> * [[http://targeted_url/""|external target]]
>
> could be equivalent as:
> * [[TargetedPage"{$Group}.TargetedPage"|+]]
> * [[http://targeted_url/"http://targeted_url/"|external target]]
>
> At least, the title default value should be able to be computed from a recipe.

An interesting suggestion, but wouldn't a wiki administrator want such
behaviour globally anyway?
In which case the PmWiki way would be to create a recipe explaining how to
extend link markup to include the link target in the title attribute. An
example for external links:
$UrlLinkFmt = "<a class='urllink' href='\$LinkUrl' rel='nofollow' title='\$LinkUrl'>\$LinkText</a>";

--
--  Rogutės Sparnuotos