[pmwiki-users] PmWiki.org UTF-8 migration complete

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Sun Oct 30 15:54:06 CDT 2011

Petko Yotov wrote 2011-09-10:

[...]

>From version 2.2.31, PmWiki will be able to use pagefiles with any encoding
>and will convert them on the fly to the encoding of the website. For older

Which charset is assumed for page files not containing a charset
attribute?

I tried to use UTF-8 in an existing installation previously running
2.2.0-beta35.

A page edited after the upgrade, but before the switch to UTF-8
contains the line "charset=ISO-8859-1" - this page is rendered
correctly.

Old pages without the charset= line show wrong results for Umlauts.

Therefore I guess I have to tell PmWiki the charset to assume for old
page files without charset specification.

Oliver
--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen (oliverbetz.de)