[pmwiki-users] RFC: Link titles

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sun Oct 30 09:29:01 CDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Rogutės Sparnuotos
<rogutes at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Petko Yotov (2011-10-30 03:38):
> If quotes weren't already used for external links and images, I would be
> in favour of [[Link|text|title]] (which feels like a logical extension to
> current link markup). But since quotes are already used for this...

I agree.  [[Link|text|title]] is nicer in a vacuum, but consistency is
more important.  [[Link"text"|title]] as you have suggested is the way
to go unless we're prepared to change the other types of links as well
(which means that for the foreseeable future we would have to support
both syntaxes presumably to maintain backwards compatibility).

-Peter