[pmwiki-users] Mass delete pages/group ?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Nov 30 17:09:13 CST 2011

On Wednesday 30 November 2011 16:25:43, ABClf wrote :
> Example : I want to delete one whole group ?

On pmwiki.org we often have groups created by visitors for testing or wiki
sandbox. To delete them, I go to the Group's RecentChanges, then delete all
linked pages, then delete the RecentChanges page (the recipe
RecentChangesDeletion is enabled for the admin accounts).

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RecentChangesDeletion

If there are more than 3-4 pages, I may prefer to delete them via SSH.

> Out of PmWiki process, is deleting safe with ftp ?

Yes. (What is "safe"? If you want to be sure the pages are deleted, you can
safely delete the files from wiki.d. If you want a chance to recover the pages
after you deleted them, don't delete the files but move them elsewhere.)

> if yes, do I have to delete the index to get a new one rebuilt ?

You shouldn't have to, but you can.

> is there some way to use a pagelist to delete pages (without using complex
> recipe) ? I want to delete pages where name = x* (begins with letter x) ? or
> page older than x days ? etc.

The recipe http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/DeleteAction adds a new action
?action=delete, so I suppose you can install it and have such a pagelist:

  (:pagelist name=x* order=time fmt=#deleteme:)

  [[#deleteme]]
  * [[{=$FullName}]] {=$LastModified} [[{=$FullName}?action=delete|delete me]]
  [[#deletemeend]]

Then you click on every "delete this page" link of the pagelist.

Petko