[pmwiki-users] I need a little help with lower-case clean URLs

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 05:38:01 CST 2011

> 2011/11/17  <redisthecat at lavabit.com>:
>> Oh, thank you very much for this, seems just perfect! Though, I am trying
>> it right now and it is not working for Group names, just for Page names.
>> Perhaps it is some bug or incompatibility with the current version of
>> PmWiki (since this cookbook was last updated in 2008). I'll try changing
>> the PHP code. In the last case, I'll try to contact the cookbook author.

Assuming your .htaccess is unmodified from the previous, the
non-working is probably due to this:

# Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
RewriteRule ^([A-Z0-9\xa0-\xff].*)$ pmwiki.php?n=$1 [QSA,L]

You're explicitly excluding strings that start with a lower case
character from being processed by PmWiki, and hence eg. "group/Page"
looks like it doesn't work, whereas "Group/page" does work. For a fix,
see the part on "ErrorDocument integration" at
<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CaseCorrection>.

eemeli