[pmwiki-users] Upgrade to 2.2.35 : problem with some page using apostrophe

ABClf languefrancaise at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 16:51:58 CST 2011

Hello !

I recently upgraded my pmwiki 2.2.29 (not sure, maybe 2.2.28, some
recent version aged before UTF8) to last 2.2.35 ;
I have at least one problem.

Not everywhere, on some pages, apostrophes have disappeared
Aujourd'hui -> Aujourdhui
L'étude -> Létude

It happens, mostly, in my case, in a Group called Info where I
copy-pasted some news, from online newspapers.

Examples :
http://www.languefrancaise.net/Info/2010-12-17-Martine-recoit-la-carpette-anglaise
(1)
http://www.languefrancaise.net/Info/2010-12-17-Les-courbes-genereuses-de-Madame-ngrams

(1) I remark that the copy-pasted text hast lost its apostrophes ;
but, the resume I wrote by myself (in green color) has kept its
apostrophes (and they are not the same apostrophes as those who
disappeared).

I compared backuped file and current : they are identical.

Yesterday, all this below was working ; now, the second line doesn't
show as expected.

(:resume_info: Quand on n'a pas d'idées et pas de programme, il reste
toujours un slogan anglais.:)
L’académie de la Carpette anglaise s’est réunie le 15 décembre 2010

Please note, that, when action=edit, I dont see the disparead
apostrophes (though they are in the file).
I uploaded the current file here, if it can help :
http://www.languefrancaise.net/ext/apostrophe/Info.2010-12-17-Martine-recoit-la-carpette-anglaise

It happens too in a group called HLF, especially in pages edited by a
german friend of mine.
I precise he is German, because his keyboard is different than mine,
and I suspect something related to how apostrophes are encoded to be a
possible culprit.

Any help ?

Thanks !

ps : I use http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExtensions ; yet
the problem is still there when this recipe is disabled.

Gilles.