[pmwiki-users] Referencing Page Variables through multiple pages / use markup expressions as pagename base for page variable path / AuthUser htpasswd behavior

a.sonderhoff at gassi-tv.de a.sonderhoff at gassi-tv.de
Sun Nov 6 20:03:33 CST 2011

Dear Petko,

thanks for the help. Still more questions…
1) Page1's title is set to something like “MyTitle” Page2's title is set to “{Page1$Title}” and Page3's title is set to “{Page2$Title}”. Is the expected behavior that Page3's title reads “{Page1$Title}” and not “MyTitle̦”?
2) Is there a way to substring say {$Group} with markup expressions and use the returned string in a new pagename to retrieve a page variable (e. g. {NewGroup.{(substr("{$Group}" 10))}$Title}?
3) We are using AuthUser with some users in SiteAdmin/AuthUser and other users in a .htpasswd (defined in local/config.php). Whenever rights attributes from pages are changed, the users defined in SiteAdmin/AuthUser are immediately logged out by force. the users defined in the .htpasswd are not logged out and ignore the new rights attributes until they log out manually. Can someone explain why .htpasswd users are handled differently? To me this looks like a potential security threat.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks again for the great help so far.

Best regards,
Josh

ps: I've heard you, but I don't have the time to maintain a fork of PmWiki, even though if it would be more of a customized bundle. My guess would be that in order to generalize the PmWiki installation on GASSI TV to a non vodcast centered functionality, I would have to invest ~200 hours. As much as I would like to give something back to the PmWiki community, this is just more than I can handle on my own. And besides, most of the scripts and micro recipes are really written quick and dirty.
--
ALJOSCHA SONDERHOFF
brand & marketing

office +49 2238 4629519